Over 100 golf carts burned in Nakhon Nayok army academy parking lot
More than 100 golf carts were damaged by fire in the parking facility in the compound of the Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy in Mueang district of Nakhon Nayok province last night (Tuesday).
Police initially believe that the fire was caused by an electrical short circuit in the parking facility, which also provides the cart recharging service. An investigation is underway.
The golf carts belong to a company which operates a golf course next to the academy. The company rents space from the academy in which to keep and recharge the carts.
Several fire trucks rushed to the scene, but firemen said that they had to exercise extra caution because the cart batteries might explode.
Fanned by strong winds, the roof of the parking lot later caved in, presenting additional difficulties for firemen.
The fire was brought under control, but more than 100 golf cars were already burned beyond repair.