Those in possession of banned farm chemicals must report to authorities between December 1st and 15th

Any farmer, trader or importer who is in possession of Paraquat, Glyphosate or Chlorpyrifos is required to report to the Plant and Farm Materials Control Office of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration or the agricultural research and development offices in the provinces between December 1st and 15th.


The requirement also applies to derivatives of these chemicals, such as Glyphosate-sodium, Glyphosate-potassium, Glyphosate-isopropylammonium, Glyphosate trimesium and Paraquat dichloride.


The legal requirement, which was announced yesterday by the Department of Agriculture, is in line with the ban, due to take effect on December 1st, on the possession, use, trading or importation of the hazardous farm chemicals, imposed by Thailand’s National Hazardous Substances Committee.


Reporting should be to the Plant and Farm Materials Control Office, if the substances are stored in Bangkok, or to the eight provincial offices in Chiang Mai, Phitsanuloke, Khon Kaen, Ubon Ratchathani, Chainat, Chanthaburi, Surat Thani and Songkhla.


After reporting the possession to the authorities, the chemicals must be handed over to the relevant offices within 15 days.



Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Lost Password