Thais in Turkish province of Hatay are safe after earthquake on Monday night
Sixteen Thai people living in the Turkish province of Hatay are safe, after the latest earthquake on Monday night.
Spokesperson for the Thai Foreign Ministry, Kanchana Patarachoke, said today (Tuesday) that officials at the Thai Embassy in Ankara have contacted all the Thai nationals in Hatay, following the 6.4 and 5.8 magnitude tremors last night.
Hatay province was the scene of the devastating earthquake on February 6th.
Last night some Thais sought temporary refuge at the shelter provided by the Turkish Government.
Kanchana said that any Thais who were affected by the latest earthquake can contact the Thai Embassy in Ankara by phone around the clock or via Facebook.
One Thai woman, a native of Chaiyaphum province, died in the earthquake in Iskenderun town on February 6th. The deceased, as well as over 30 surviving Thais, were flown back to Thailand last week.
Last week, a Thai urban search and rescue team returned from a 10-day mission in Turkey.