Thailand’s King donates several plots of land for government and public use
His Majesty the King has donated several plots of land, in Bangkok and elsewhere, to state agencies for educational, recreational and state purposes. They include 48 hectares in Pathum Thani province, for a new zoo and office of the Zoological Organization, and land in the Dusit District of Bangkok, on which Suan Dusit University is located.
A ceremony for the presentation of land title deeds was held on Sunday, at the Amporn Throne Hall in the Dusit Palace, presided over by Their Majesties the King and Queen. Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha led ministers and officials in receiving the deeds.
Some of the land donated are:
- Approximately 2.2 hectares in Dusit District of Bangkok, for the offices of the Department of Public Disaster Prevention and Mitigation and the Department of Local Administration Promotion Department.
- Approximately 1.6 hectares in Dusit District, for Ratchavinit School, and approximately 0.96 hectares, in the same district, for Ratchavinit School (secondary level of education).
- Approximately 169.4 hectares in Pathum Thani province and approximately 78.9 hectares in Chon Buri province, for the Royal Thai Army.
- Approximately 29.6 hectares in Cha-am district of Phetchaburi province, for the office of the Border Patrol Police’s Naresuan camp.
- Approximately 11.2 hectares in Wang Thong Lang district of Bangkok, for the construction of a museum of precious woods in Thailand.
- Approximately 10.7 hectares in Sam Peng district of Bangkok, for Vajiravudh College.
- Approximately 199 hectares in Phetchaburi province, for the Rama VI camp of the Border Patrol Police and the museum of King Rama VI.
- Approximately 44 hectares in Cha-am district of Phetchaburi province, for the Rama VI barracks of the Border Patrol Police (Marukhathaiwan Camp) in addition to land already donated three years ago.
- Approximately 27.7 hectares in Muang district of Phetchaburi province, for the 15th Army Circle Phra Ramratchanivet (Ban Bin Palace), in addition to land donated in 2017.
- Approximately 4 hectares in the compound of King Rama IV memorial in Muang district of Phetchaburi province, for use by the provincial administration.
- Approximately 9.6 hectares in Dusit district of Bangkok, for Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University.
- Approximately 5.9 hectares in Dusit district of Bangkok for Suan Dusit University.
In 2017, HM the King donated several plots of land for official use, including 48 hectares in Khlong 6, Tanya Buri district of Pathum Thai province, for a new zoo and for the office of the Zoological Organization, replacing the Khao Din zoo, and approximately 10.7 hectares in Bangkok for Vajiravudh College.