Excessive PM2.5 particulate found in 13 areas of Bangkok and suburbs
The air in thirteen parts of Bangkok and its surrounding provinces was today found to contain PM2.5 dust particles exceeding 50 microns – the benchmark safety level.
The Pollution Control Department said today that the levels of PM2.5 dust were measured in the range of 29-76 microns, with excessive dust particles in the following 13 areas:
- Bangkok, Laksi district 56 microns
- Bang Khen district 55 microns
- Phasi Charoen district 55 microns
- Bang Kor Laem district 54 microns
- Bang Sue district 54 microns
- Pathumwan district 53 microns
- Tambon Mahachai, Muang district of Samut Sakhon 76 microns
- Tambon Om Noi of Krathum Ban district of Samut Sakhon 58 microns
- Tambon Song Khanong, Phra Pradaeng district of Samut Prakan 54 microns
- Tambon Bangpood in Pakkred of Nonthaburi 53 microns
- Tambon Nakhon Pathom in Muang district of Nakhon Pathom 53 microns
People living in the affected areas are advised to reduce the time they spend on outdoor activities.