Democrat party’s cabinet list completed
The Democrat party’s executive committee and MPs have reached a final agreement on its cabinet list, with a late-night shuffling of seats among the seven would-be ministers.
Party spokesman Ramet Rattanachaweng said today the party’s list of seven ministers, filling eight posts, had been completed and will be submitted to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha for consideration.
A well-informed party source said that, after a marathon debate on the qualifications of the would-be ministers which lasted about ten hours, a settlement was worked out late Friday night to the satisfaction of those involved.
The final cabinet list is as follows:
- Party leader Jurin Laksanawisit – deputy prime minister and commerce minister
- Party secretary-general Chalermchai Sri-on – agriculture minister
- Deputy leader Nipon Boonyamanee – deputy interior minister
- Deputy leader Juti Krairiksh – minister of social development and human security
- Khunying Kalaya Sophonpanich – deputy education minister
- Thaworn Senneam – deputy transport minister
- Satit Pitutacha – deputy public health minister
Juti was earlier named deputy interior minister and Nipon as the minister of social development and human security.
The adjusted cabinet list was co-endorsed by Thaworn, Juti, Nipon, Khunying Kalaya, Mrs. Siriwan Prasajaksatru, Narit Khamnurak and Issara Somchai.