Weatherman forecasts cold weather in December and January
Dust off your winter clothing in preparation for the arrival of the cold season at the end of this year, as the mercury in thermometers across the country, is predicted to fall substantially, including in Bangkok where temperatures may drop to 15-17 degrees Celsius in December and January.
The Meteorological Department predicts that the current cold front, which has been hovering over the northern part of Thailand since yesterday, will bring rain and send temperatures in the northern and north-eastern regions down by 1-2 degrees Celsius initially and another 1-3 degrees Celsius between October 12-13.
More intense cold fronts from China are expected later this month through February, with the coldest weather lasting from late December until mid-January.
Coldest weather predictions by the Weatherman are as follows:
- The North: Chiang Rai, 7-9 degrees Celsius; Nan, 7-9 degrees Celsius; Chiang Mai, 12.14 degrees Celsius.
- The Northeast: Sakhon Nakhon, 7-9 C; Nakhon Phanom, 7-9 C; Nakhon Ratchasima, 13-15 C.
- Central Region: Kanchanaburi, 13-15 C; Nakhon Sawan, 14-16 C and Suphan Buri, 16-18 C.
- Eastern Region: Sa Kaew, 14-16 C; and Chon Buri, 16-18 C.
- Southern Region: Prachuap Khiri Khan, 17-19 C and Phuket, 20-22 C.
- Bangkok: 15-17 C.