Thailand ranks second in ASEAN for most COVID-19 jabs, sixth for two-dose percentage
Thailand is ranked second to Indonesia among ASEAN member countries for the number of COVID-19 inoculations, with a total of 44,742,049 doses administered by September 20th, but ranks fifth for the percentage of population receiving first doses, and sixth for the percentage of people receiving two doses.
According to statistics, compiled by the Thai Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovations, the ten ASEAN countries which have administered the most vaccine in terms of first-dose vaccinations per population are as follows:
- Singapore, 77.7%, total of 9,127,262 doses of Pfizer, Moderna and Sinovac vaccines.
- Cambodia, 71.3%, total of 23,184,657 doses of Sinovac, Sinopharm, AstraZeneca and J&J vaccines.
- Malaysia, 67.3%, total of 40,375,056 doses of Pfizer, AstraZeneca, CanSino and Sinovac vaccines.
- Brunei, 56.1%, total of 405,352 doses of AstraZeneca and Sinopharm vaccines.
- Thailand, 43.8%, total of 44,742,049 doses of vaccines Sinovac, AstraZeneca, Sinopharm and Pfizer vaccines.
- Laos, 38%, total of 4,708,909 doses of Sinovac, Sinopharm, Sputnik V, Pfizer, J&J and AstraZeneca vaccines.
- Indonesia, 28.9%, total of 124,882,412 doses of Sinovac, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer and Sinopharm vaccines.
- Vietnam, 28.3%, total of 34,095,243 doses of AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Sputnik V, Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines.
- The Philippines, 20.6%, total of 41,414,015 doses of Sinovac, Sinopharm, Pfizer, Sputnik-V, Moderna, J&J and AstraZeneca vaccines.
- Myanmar, 10.1%, total of 9,001,616 doses of AstraZeneca, Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines.
Vaccinations in Bangkok and five neighboring provinces are as follows:
- Bangkok: 91.5% of its population have received their first jab, 41.6% received the second and 1.9 received their third.
- Pathum Thani: 60% have received their first jab, 27.4% the second and 0.6% the third.
- Samut Prakan; 59.5% have received their first jab, 28.6% received the second and 0.7% the third.
- Samut Sakhon: 55.6% have received their first jab, 31% received the second and 0.6% received the third.
- Nonthaburi: 48.7% received first jab, 29% received second jab and 0.8% third jab.
- Nakhon Pathom: 38.2% have received their first jab, 18.8% the second and 0.7% the third.