Seven new COVID-19 cases recorded in Thailand’s quarantine today

Women walk past a row of bank automatic teller machines in a commercial building in Bangkok on September 1, 2020. (Photo by Romeo GACAD / AFP)

Thailand today recorded seven new COVID-19 cases, all among arrivals from abroad who are in state quarantine.

According to the CCSA, they are a Thai man, two Indian men and an Indian woman, who arrived from India on September 6thand entered state quarantine in Bangkok and Chon Buri province.  All tested positive for COVID-19 on September 11th.

Two Thais, a 27-year old woman and a 33-year old man, who arrived from Australia on August 31st and entered state quarantine in Bangkok, tested positive on September 11th.

The seventh case is a 49-year old Thai, working as a crane driver in Bahrain, who returned to Thailand on August 30th and entered state quarantine in Chon Buri province on the same day.  He was found to be infected with the virus on September 11th.

Cumulative infections in Thailand, to date, are 3,473, including 2,445 locally transmitted cases and 535 cases in quarantine.  Altogether 3,312 have recovered from the disease and 103 others are still being treated in hospital.  The death toll remains at 58.

The US has the most infections, at 6,676,601, as of 9am on Sunday.  India comes second, with 4,751,788, followed by Brazil’s 4,315,858, Russia’s 1,057,362 and Peru’s 722,832 cases. The global death toll so far is 924,558.

In Thailand’s northeastern province of Buri Ram, Dr. Vitit Saritdeechaikul, the provincial health chief, said today that 569 people, who had been in close contact with the infected Uzbek player for Buri Ram United soccer team, have been traced so far.

170 of the group have been classified as being at high risk, including 44 of his team mates, 44 footballers of Ratchaburi Mitphol team, 42 members of the Khon Kaen FC team and 40 other people in Buri Ram province.

The remaining 399 people, who are classified as being at low risk, are mostly shoppers at a mall and customers of a restaurant visited by the footballer, said D. Vitit.

All the high risk people have been quarantined for 14 days and subjected to swab tests.

Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Lost Password