PTT, Bangchak to cut petrol prices by 3 baht/litre from Friday
PTT Public Company and Bangchak Corporation have agreed to reduce the prices of benzine products at their gas stations by three baht per litre, in line with a drop in global fuel prices, effective from 5am on Friday.
Benchmark U.S. crude oil for August delivery fell 97 cents to $98.53 a barrel Wednesday. Brent crude for September delivery fell $2.08 to $100.69 a barrel.
The new prices in Thailand are:
• gasohol E85 from 37.14 baht/litre to 35.34 baht/litre
• gasohol E20 from 43.44 baht/litre to 40.44 baht/litre
• gasohol 91 from 44.28 baht/litre to 41.28 baht/litre
• gasohol 95 from 44.55 baht/litre to 41.55 baht/litre
• PTT super gasohol 95 is cut from 50.04 baht/litre to 47.04 baht/litre
Finance Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith had said earlier that oil prices at gas stations are unlikely to be cut because the government needs to support the Oil Fuel Fund, which has incurred about 100 billion baht in debt.