Poll shows over 70 percent surveyed have confidence in PM Prayut
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s popularity rating has increased with 73.8% of the respondents to a Super Poll opinion survey admitting that they trust him and expect the government to deliver on its election promises without delay.
Confidence ratings of the other ministers are:
- Jurin Laksanavisit 1%
- Wissanu Krea-ngarm 6%
- Anutin Charnvirakul, 2%
- Somkid Jatusripitak 2%
- Tewan Liptapallop 4%
- R. Chatu Mongkol Sonakul 1.2%
Super Poll research office director Noppadol Kannikar said the people have little faith in individual ministers, but and they are expecting the government to deliver on its election promises nonetheless.
“So there is no time for a honeymoon period because the people are finding it difficult to make a living,” he said.
Super Poll surveyed the opinions of 1,063 people in various occupations nationwide.
The poll results show:
- 4% of the respondents want the government to deliver on its election promises
- 3% support the Democrat party’s price guarantees for rubber, rice and oil palm
- 2% want the minimum wage to be increased to between 400-425 baht
- 4% want the government to suspend repayment of student loans for five years.
- 5% complained of the high cost of living and want the government to address the problem
- 2% complained about corruption
- 4% said there was injustice in society which needs to be addressed
- 1% were concerned about road safety problems
- 8% cited crime against and insecurity of life and properties as their biggest worry