HM the King of Thailand has approved the country’s new Cabinet
His Majesty the King has approved a new Cabinet ministers, as proposed by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.
The Royal Command, announcing the new appointees, was published in the Royal Gazette on Wednesday.
The new Cabinet positions are:
- Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai is now also a Deputy Prime Minister
- Supattanapong Panmeechao is a Deputy Prime Minister and Energy Minister
- Anucha Nakasai is Prime Minister’s Office Minister
- Pridi Daochai is Finance Minister
- Anek Laothammatas is Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovations
- Suchart Chomklin is Labour Minister
- Narumon Pinyosinwat is Deputy Labour Minister
The new Cabinet has 36 ministers, including the Prime Minister, holding 41 cabinet portfolios.