Bangkok motorists advised to avoid 12 roads this afternoon due to protests
The Metropolitan Police Bureau issued an advisory to motorists in Bangkok today (Friday), to avoid a number of roads which may experience traffic gridlock due to a protest scheduled to take place at the Victory Monument at about 3pm.
The bureau said that the protesters may attempt to march to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s residence, at the First Infantry Regiment of the Royal Guards barracks on Vibhavadi Rangsit highway.
Roads to be avoided from noon until further notice, include:
- Phayathai, from Phayathai intersection to Victory Monument
- Pahonyothin, from Victory Monument to Saphan Kwai intersection
- Asoke-Din Daeng, from Our Lady of Fatima Church to Din Daeng junction
- Rajavithi, from Din Daeng junction to Tuek Chai intersection,
- Outbound Vibhavadi Rangsit, from Din Daeng expressway to the Army Club
- Inbound Vibhavadi Rangsit, from Mit Maitri to Din Daeng expressway
- Ratchaprarop, from Makkasan intersection to Din Daeng junction,
- Pahonyothin Soi 2
- Expressway exit at Victory Monument
- Expressway exit at Vibhavadi Rangsit
- Din Daeng underpass
Motorists are advised to use Si Ayutthaya, Phetchaburi, Chaturathit, Rama 6, Vibhavadi Rangsit (expressway lanes), Suthisan Vinitchai, Pradipat, Kamphaeng Phet, Kamphaeng Phet 2, Srirat and Chalerm Maha Nakhon expressways instead and can find for more information about the traffic situation by calling the 1197 hotline or by visiting the WWW.TRAFFICPOLICE.GO.TH website.