59 areas in Bangkok and its suburbs affected by excessive PM2.5 dust
An excessive amount of PM2.5 dust is affecting 59 areas of Bangkok and its suburbs on Monday and is expected to remain through tomorrow, warned the Centre to Solve Air the Pollution Problem.
The centre asked residents of Bangkok, its neighboring provinces and those living in the northern, central and eastern regions to refrain from burning waste outdoors, reduce the use of their cars and, more importantly, to take good care of their health while the air is polluted.
The worst areas in terms of the amount of PM2.5 are:
- Srinakharin Road in Prawet district, 78 microns
- Liab Waree Road in Nong Chok district, 76 microns
- Lat Krabang Road in Lat Krabang district, 76 microns
- Sukhapibaan 5 Road in Sai Mai district, 74 microns
- Paknam sub-district in Muang district of Samut Prakan, 73 microns