1,603 in Rayong and Bangkok’s Sukhumvit area test negative for COVID-19
A total of 1,603 people have been cleared of COVID-19 infection, on the first day of mass swab testing, and health officials are waiting for the results of tests on a further 1,252, said Dr. Suwanchai Wattanayingcharoenchai, director-general of Disease Control Department, on Thursday.
The swab tests were conducted on those who visited the Passione Mall, in the downtown Muang district of Thailand’s eastern province of Rayong on July 10th, at the same time as members of an infected Egyptian military mission. People living at a Sukhumvit condominium, where the family of an African diplomat stayed, a member of which had COVID-19, were also tested.
Anyone who visited the D Varee Diva Central Rayong Hotel between July 8th and 11th have also been told to come forward for testing.
Although the results returned so far are all negative, Dr. Suwanchai urged those tested to stay home for 14 days, to keep wearing face masks, observe social distancing and to wash their hands regularly.
Meanwhile, more people in Rayong province were queuing this morning to receive free tests, being offered for the third consecutive day in front of Passione Mall.
It was reported that that first person showed up at about 4.30am, even though testing does not start until 10am. Only 300 people are tested each day and today’s quota has already been filled.