12 new COVID-19 cases recorded Saturday, including one local case
Thailand recorded 12 new COVID-19 infections today, including one locally-transmitted and 11 imported cases, nine of them are in state quarantine, according to the CCSA.
The locally-transmitted case is a 37-year old Indian. He underwent a COVID-19 test on November 4th, which was positive. He was admitted to a hospital in Krabi province as health investigators try to trace those who were in close contact with him.
Two cases, which were not in state quarantine when they were diagnosed, are Myanmar nationals, one of them a truck driver. Asymptomatic cases, they tested positive for the virus on October 26th and were sent back to Myanmar.
The other nine cases include:
- A 62-year old French businessman, arriving on October 22nd. He took a COVID-19 test which was negative. The second test on November 5th was positive and he was admitted to a private hospital in Bangkok.
- A 65-year old French retiree, arriving on October 3rd. He tested positive on November 2nd and was admitted to a hospital in Bangkok.
- A 32-year old Thai woman, returning from United Arab Emirates on October 23rd. She cleared the first test on October 28th, but tested positive in a second test on November 4th. An asymptomatic case, she was admitted to a state hospital.
- A 48-year old Indian businessman, arriving on October 23rd. He tested positive on November 4th, but showed no symptoms. He was admitted to a private hospital in Samut Prakan.
- A 50-year old Thai contractor, returning from the United States on October 31st. He was tested positive on November 4th. He was admitted to the Banglamung hospital in Chon Buri.
- A 41-year old Thai woman, returning from the US on October 30th. She tested positive on November 4th and was admitted to Sirikit Hospital in Chon Buri province.
- A 43-year old male Mexican English-language teacher, arriving on October 31st. He was found to be infected on November 5th and was admitted to a private hospital in Bangkok.
- A 43-year old Thai woman returning from Switzerland on October 31st. She tested positive for the virus on November 3rd and was admitted to a state hospital in Bangkok.
- A 38-year old Dutch man, arriving on November 1st. He tested positive for the virus on November 5th and was admitted to a private hospital in Phuket.
Cumulative infections in Thailand, to date, are 3,830, with 3,644 recoveries. 126 others are still being treated in hospitals. The national death toll remains at 60.
Thailand is currently ranked 149th in the world in terms of total infections.