11,097 new COVID-19 cases and 101 more deaths in Thailand on Sunday
Thailand recorded 11,097 new COVID-19 cases, including 318 prisoners, and 101 more deaths in the past 24 hours, according to the CCSA.
The 27 provinces, which logged more than 100 cases each, include Kalasin, Roi-et, Maha Sarakham, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Surin, Nakhon Ratchasima, Rayong, Ratchaburi, Saraburi, Tak, Suphan Buri, Lop Buri, Pattani, Yala, Songkhla, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon.
The flowing new clusters were also found:
- Two plastics factories in Bang Pakong district with 28 infections and a garment factory in Bang Kla district, with 55 infections, both in Chachoengsao.
- A soccer field in Chanthaburi, 12 infections.
- Two worker housing facilities in Bang Phli district of Samut Prakan, 101 infections.
- A motorcycle parts factory in Krathum Baen district of Samut Sakhon, 27 infections.
- A soft drink bottling company in Chon Buri, 19 infections.
- A sewing machine factory in Si Racha district of Chon Buri, 13 infections.
- A construction worker housing facility in Muang district of Nonthaburi, 42 infections.
Bangkok had the highest number of infections, with 2,166 cases, followed by 684 cases in Pathum Thani, 660 cases in Chon Buri, 604 cases in Samut Prakan, 392 cases in Ayutthaya, 242 cases in Chachoengsao, 297 cases in Lop Buri and 336 cases in Nonthaburi.
The only province which did not report a single new case today is Sukhothai.
Of the 101 deaths today, 60 were in Bangkok, 15 in Samut Prakan, 5 each in Nakhon Pathom and Pattani, 5 in Nakhon Nayok, 2 in Songkhla and one each in Nong Khai, Ratchaburi, Kanchanaburi, Nakhon Sawan, Chon Buri, Phetchaburi and Narathiwat.
Cumulative infections, since April 1st, 2021, are 374,523, including 116,135 still undergoing treatment in hospitals. 3,464 are severe cases, including 846 cases on ventilators.